vendredi 11 juillet 2008

Bruce Baxter - Extraits de L'Opéra-Rock Tommy [Pickwick MPD 008] (197x)



My very first vinyl rip.
Just processed it yesterday..

A bunch of covers of The Who's Tommy by easy listening synth'd french fellows somewhere in France around 1972.. (no mention of the year so it's a wild guess.. between the 1969 original lp and the 1975 movie)

Here's the tracklisting :

A1 - It's A Boy
A2 - You Didn't Hear It
A3 - Amazing Journey
A4 - Christmas
A5 - The Acid Queen
B1 - Pinball Wizard
B2 - Smash The Mirror
B3 - I'm Free
B4 - We're Not Gonna Take It
B5 - See Me, Feel Me

Only infos available here regards performers (vocalists) : Tony Rivers, Mick Trounce, Martha Smith & John Perry and production : arrgts by Bruce Baxter and synths by Ken Freeman & Bruce Baxter.

Here it is at 320 kbps (of course!)
73 Mb
http://www.mediafire.com/?hsxmjlduydm


It's an old record, not in very good shape.
Not that dusty (i tried to clean it the best I could) but simply much used..
For your info, i used Izotope De-pop De-click De-noise software and found it very very effective (kinda pro compared to cheap stuff..)
Then, a bit of remastering with Waves C-1 comp, L-3 and a Q-10 eq

I made a 'Before&After processing Izotope and Waves plug-ins' package, giving you the opportunity to listen to 2 versions of track A2 before and after digital processing.. You could find it here (2 tracks @ 320 kbps / 12 Mb) :
http://www.mediafire.com/?ydx99wjdc7y

> ADVICES and any technical tricks are more than welcome !

If I have some positive feedbacks about all that, I'll do more very soon ! (just got my hands on around 30 killer lps - mostly library - never digitalized....I'm SURE I'll do more but I can post stuff here or not....)

Cheerio
+
P

Aucun commentaire: